What is an Innovation Project?
As a teacher, I am always looking for the next best thing to inspire my students to become more active participants in their learning. After researching Kevin Brookhouser's 20% project, I was inspired to recreate a version of this project for my own students. Thus, the Innovation Project was born.
Friday, May 23, 2014
We are approaching Presentations...Finally!
We are one week away from presenting our Innovation Project, and it has proved to be really difficult to finish these products with exams right around the corner too. The students have steadily been working on business proposals, letters to our principal, speeches, designs, models, etc and I'm excited to see how they will all come together. Today, we are going to talk about how to create presentations/speeches and this is the part the students have been the most worried or scared about. There is something about speaking in front of the class that can completely cause a student to come undone. However, I am explained to them several times that if you no your stuff, then presenting is just like having a conversation with a group of friends. Hopefully that stick with them and ease their nerves a little. We shall see :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment