I'm not sure if I'm being an ambitious teacher or just plain crazy, but I've decided to overhaul the current research project I have been using in English 9 for the last two years and start something new. Although our current research project is very creative and engaging for research, I feel like it doesn't really hit all of the 21st Century learning skills I want to address, nor does it give my students a great deal of choice in what they want to learn about. So, I have taken to Twitter which is my new source for innovative ideas, and I recently stumbled across Kevin Brookhouser and his 20% project. Needless to say, I was intrigued to learn more about this idea that was quickly finding its way into our classrooms.
After reading about this new and innovative way of teaching, I have decided I need a similar project in my own classroom. I need to give my students more voice and choice in what they are learning. So, I guess you can say I am taking the leap and letting go of some control in the hopes that my students will become more engaged and innovative life long learners.
So, we are going to embark on this journey, and I will use this blog to track our progress. Check back in frequently to see how we are doing.
Mrs. Davala
No comments:
Post a Comment