What is an Innovation Project?

As a teacher, I am always looking for the next best thing to inspire my students to become more active participants in their learning. After researching Kevin Brookhouser's 20% project, I was inspired to recreate a version of this project for my own students. Thus, the Innovation Project was born.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Presenting Elevator Pitches in the Blue Room

On Friday, 3rd and 4th blocks presented their elevator pitches in our school's collaboration room a.k.a (the blue room). All of my students want to move my classroom into this really cool workspace. I agree, I love it as well. However, we didn't just have fun in the blue room on Friday, but each group presented their "elevator pitches" for their Innovation Projects. For many of the freshman, this was the first time they were presenting in front of the group with very little for notes. I know a lot of the students were nervous, but they did a fantastic job. Every group was so diverse in their topics and interests; I am even more excited to continue with this project, and see the different ways they are going to tackle these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment